Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Free Online Novels By Jennifer L. Armstrong.

For today's post I wanted to review a book which is free to be read online. It's called "Society For The Betterment Of Mankind" by Jennifer L. Armstrong and can be found here http://www.free-online-novels.com/society_cover_page.html. Also on the site, are a few other books written by Ms. Armstrong and links to online novels by others.

The book I read, "Society For The Betterment of Mankind", was entertaining for a light reading. It didn't require too much effort on my part, as far as comprehension. The depictions of "love" in the book, were juvenile, yet appropriate for the college aged main character. The novel held my attention and kept me eagerly devouring its contents, despite its semi-puerile outlook. During my reading, the light subject matter provided some introductions into serious subjects. For example, I learned more than I ever expected about The Jewish Religion and The Jazz Culture of New Orleans, which was surprising and educational. "Society For The Betterment Of Mankind" is a novel perfect for the casual reader, looking for something enlightening and not too much on the heavy side. I have not read the other books on this website, but I hope to read and review them for you at some point in the future. Thank you for the comments so far, please continue to read.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy WaterBirde said...

Hi There,

Thank you for the comment you left on my blog. Thought I'd drop by for a visit, and I really liked the link you put in this post. Love little finds like that, they're like little gifts...so thank you. Lots of luck with your site : )

--Wendy

7:42 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home