Monday, May 15, 2006

The First One.


My first post is going to be about the poem "Question and Answer" by Charles Bukowski, just because I read it recently and I liked it. Chances are, thats how I'm going to choose most of these. . . You can find the poem at the following link. I hope you like it and find it as interesting as I did. http://www.levity.com/corduroy/bukowski.htm

This poem was very real to me, not because I regularly play with knives or save people with my writing, but because I can picture it so vividly. When I read it, I can almost feel the humidness that covers everything in the summer and makes everything stagnant, even the air, it makes it hard to breathe and makes a person just want to sit there and not move if you can help it. I think the season he chose added dramatically to the overall feeling of the poem. This is the first poem by Bukowski that I have read and I hope the others live up to this one. I highly recommend it to people who read to transport themselves from their own world and to step inside another body and feel with their perceptions.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

2:50 pm  
Blogger Miss Mickey said...

This is a great idea for a blog.

And mission accomplished with the Bukowski link. I read 'Post Office' a couple years ago and it didn't quite grab me. But that poem did. Thanks.

2:43 pm  
Anonymous Henry VIII said...

i actually think this is going to "work for you" (to be put in the words of ryan) as far as a career involving writing goes...you're actually really good when you want to be. congratulations on not being half-assed, jaspah.

4:18 pm  
Blogger Anna said...

This really is a good idea for a blog. I'll keep an eye out.

bluelikethis
;-)

6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home